|TheGPA.org Newsletter for Saturday, July 10, 2010
Welcome to the Press Exploder of the Game Publishers Assocation. You have permission to make use of the News section of our site for your own site.
Latest News Articles:
Blue Panther Announces Small Games Design Contest for Summer 2010
Blue Panther Summer 2010 Game Design Contest OR
“Great Games Come In Small Packages”
Blue Panther is introducing a new series of small games – these games come in small packages, and are designed to be played in 30 minutes or less. The first game in the series will be from the winner of this conest! Unlike some competitions, there are definite size and component challenges here. They are:
1) The game must use at least one die (normal or custom engraved)
2) The game must use at least one set of cards (30 card minimum, 60 card maximum). Cards can be any size or shape up to 3.5 x 2.5 inches in size. (8.9 cm x 6.4 cm)
3) The game must fit inside the same dimensions as our “Card Tower” product. That is, ALL components must fit inside a box the size of 3.5” x 2.5” x 1.375” (8.9cm x 6.4cm x 3.5cm)
4) Game must be played in 30 minutes or less
5) Game can be on any theme (except mature themes)
6) You can use additional components to cards and dice (e.g. tokens, pawns, etc)
7) All entries should be sent in PDF format, including a copy of the rules, diagrams/illustrations of components, examples of play etc. All entries should be sent in English via email only.
An example of a game that would fit in this format is a resizing of the BP game Duck Duck Boom. 30 cards, 2 custom dice, 30 small tokens and a one page rulebook folded to fit into the box.
Entries should be sent to SmallGameContest@bluepantherllc.com. Deadline is August 10th, 2010.
Blue Panther will choose the contest winners by August 31, 2010.
First place winner will get their game published by Blue Panther in 2011. If there’s more than one great design, there will be more than one first place winner.
Second place winner will receive a free BP standard $50 prototype package for any of their game designs.
Do not send physical prototypes. They will be discarded and not returned after the contest ends. Blue Panther does not sign non-disclosure agreements. Please do not submit any designs that are currently being offered to any other game publisher or designs that have either been published or self-published in the past. You must own the copyright to the work in order to submit it to Blue Panther.
This contest is global in scope – any entrant from any country will be given equal consideration.
Blue Panther LLC, founded in 2006, is a publisher of games, dice towers and game accessories. Blue Panther provides game prototype and short run production services. Check out our products and services at www.bluepantherllc.com
Thanks for checking out our news.
Keith W. Sears
GPA Online Services